Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hi, my name is Bindi and I live in a motorhome fulltime. I travel with Jay and Margie who are a retired couple. We got this RV in July 2012 and this summer (2013) traveled from southern Arizona to to Oregon via Nevada. After 8 months and 4700 miles we have now returned to Arizona to winter in Quartzsite, a popular place for RVers to escape snow and hard winters.
Its been both fun and interesting with more upsides than down.
If you'd like to take a seat I'll tell you more about RV life as I see it.

First, let me clear up the fact that I'm a dog. I'm an 8 y/o red female min-pin and I don't like to be called a cheewawa and I dern sure ain't a weiner dog...I mean, no offense to those guys, but I am, after all, a min-pin.
Ok, a little about me, yes, its all about me cuz I like it that way, as any spoiled dog would.

Well, I spent most of my life in a horrable puppy mill. I was kept caged and made puppies for some jerk to sell. They chopped off my tail and at one point I lost a toe on a back foot. My left shoulder was even busted up and nobody bothered to have that fixed, so now I limp very noticably and that leg isn't much use. Its caused me to fall down once in a while. Abuse made my mind a total mess and it took me a long while to finally realize I'm not going to be hurt anymore and I am with people who would always love me.

That's where Jay and Margie come into the picture. Its been over 2 years since they took me into their lives.
You don't even want to hear about the nights I kept them awake crying my heart out. I was scared since I didn't know what was happening, nor did I have much faith in humans. It was a tough time for us all back then. I learned Jay's big feet weren't going to kick me and he wasn't going to hurt me. I took to Margie pretty quickly and she let me snooze in the chair next to hers. I was seeing a new side of life and began to like it.

We lived in a nice place, but they were always talking about something called travel and places they wanted to see. The only travel I had seen was when I was taken from Calif to Tucson and put in a foster home with a bunch of other scared dogs. Travel? Pfft, why leave a prefectly good place to live? Have these people lost their minds or what?

Then, one day we went for a ride in the car...I loved riding. I'd dance at the door when I heard the keys jingle.
I could tell they were excited about something big, so being a dog, I was excited too. (it just works that way, don't ask me why, I'm a dog). So, we met a man (I barked of course, you know, being all protective and stuff) and they talked for a while (I found a place to pee...several times, just cuz I can). Shortly we went for another ride in a big box on wheels. Inside it was sorta like a house only smaller. I didn't really like the feel of the big motor throbbing, so Margie held me in her lap. We got back and I made a beeline for "my car". They were standing by the big box shaking hands and passing papers between them and everyone was happy. Shortly I was told we were going in the big box they called an RV. What? What's wrong with going in "my car", after all, I didn't get a say in this deal. Ok, I'll go just this once...once, you hear me?

That's where all this travel talk began to really get carried away. They were actually putting our belongings into this RV thing and all happy about it. Some days went by and they locked the door on our nice place we lived and climbed into the RV.

I still didn't like the big motor, so I sat in Margie's lap looking out the big windshield. Wow, I could see a lot from there, but it was a little daunting. This was quite a bit for me to absorb.

We drove for a while and came to a place I was told would be our home base for a while. I had a fenced yard and there was desert around us. We could hear coyotes yipping at night, something new for me, so I barked, of course. We stayed there for till winter was over and things got pretty comfortable right where we were, I so thought anyway.

Then came the day late in March when I was told we were leaving that neat yard and my neighboring doggie friends. What the heck...can't these people ever stay in one place? One morning the big motor began its rumble and we backed out and drove away with me looking out that big window up front.

Stick around and I'll tell you about some of the places we've been and people we've met. You see, I've learned life in an RV isn't so bad after all, and there's lots of places I haven't had a chance to pee yet...for a dog that's an important thing, as you may have noticed.
Come back and visit often, as I'll be adding new things, including some pics.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome Bindi, you are a good dog take care of your people and I'll be waiting for your next place to pee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm glad to have you following my blog.
    I suppose humans don't take as much stock in peeing in cool places, its a dog thing, after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Bindi, your humans sound like very cool people. Looking forward to hearing more about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, its so nice having so many wonderful people stopping by.

      Delete
  4. hi bindi! i'm strangely enough,a cat. but i'm a NICE cat,i like goggies!
    my momma's name is barri,although people keep calling her sineater,i don't get that..do people call your humans other names too?
    is it okay to tell my facebook friends about you? i have a sort of fanclub of humans,i inherited them when my big brother miles went over the rainbow bridge.
    he's fine now,and visits me to play chase sometimes.
    if you ever come to my house,i promise not to chase you,since you have a bad leg,and my momma will give you chicken. she's good like that.
    i look forward to chattering with you again soon!
    strangely enough(sin's kitteh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Strangely, I like chicken, yummy. I'm not sure why humans have so many names they call each other, its odd.
      I like to play and I'm actually pretty fast...I run kinda funny tho.
      I'd like it if you tell friends about my blog so they can visit too.
      Thanks for the nice note. I hope you will drop often.
      Bindi (min-pin extraordinaire)

      Delete
  5. So glad to see your new blog Bindi, I have a poodle with a bad shoulder and carry her most places. She likes to camp and guard the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dragonfly, glad you enjoy my blog.
      Give your little gal a hug for me. I can't get up on the bed, but I have my very own big comfy chair with a blankie that I guard.
      Thanks for visiting. Hope you come by often.

      Delete
  6. Hope to see you out here, I hope to leave the first of the month. I gut my heart working somewhat better and can walk a mile or so before I need a break.Be nuce to find a slow walker to walk with... Bob J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll look forward to seeing you, Bob. Glad to hear the old ticker is doing better. Jay walks slower now due to lung problems.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete